Shopping malls are not safe anymore. Saya pon dah tak berani nak pegi shopping mall sorang2, especially yg kena parking kat basement tu. Tapi, kalau dah terpaksa tu, kenalah jadi extra alert n lebih berhati2.
Tadi @PDRMsia & @gtp_roadmap tweet tips langkah2 keselamatan, especially utk ladies. Thought of sharing with all... :)
10 tips for self-protection by @PDRMsia:
1. In the midst of being robbed-scream for help, grab the person closest to you. People are afraid & not sure if they're to make the first move.
2. Carrying ur bag & into the car - keep ur head down for 5 secs, pretend doing something. To them it is as seem u’re securing ur bag to ur car.
3. Travelling alone at nite - inform ur family of the route u’re taking & duration of journey. Have a code word should they call & u are forced to answer.
4. If u’re suspicious of the police when stopped, avoid communication & ask to go to the nearest police station.
5. Bag on inner side, walk against traffic. Handphone, IC & credit card on u. Have a bag with a release clasp to avoid carried along when snatched.
6. If confronted with a knife during a robbery, throw the bag far enough & when the criminal reaches for the bag, run away.
7. When in a carpark, keep the car key & alarm in ur hand. Before u get into ur car, check the back seat first.
8. Keep the pepper spray & ur car remote in one hand, bag in the other. If u need to use the pepper spray, then drop the car remote.
9. Target the underarms, squeeze and pinch the area. The criminal will feel pain & release the choke hold.
10. Pay attention to daily news. Learn the trends of crime.
Semoga kita semua dijauhkan dari segala bahaya dan mala petaka.. Aminnn..